If you make a request under the Freedom of Information Law and are not satisfied with our response, you are entitled to an internal review. If you believe you are entitled to an internal review, please put your appeal in writing and either e-mail or post it to the Information Manager. Include your name, address, telephone number and the reference number at the top of our letter or e-mail to you. You have 30 calendar days from the date of receipt of a refusal to request an internal review. Please explain why you would like us to review our original response.
Under section 33 of the FOI Law, you may ask for an Internal Review of a response to your request:
- If you were refused access;
- If you were granted partial access to the record(s) specified in your application;
- If your request was deferred;
- If there was a refusal to amend or annotate an official document containing personal information; or
- If a fee was charged for action taken* or if you disagree with the amount of the fee charged;
If the decision was taken by a person other than the Information Manager of the authority.
Appeal to the Information Commissioner
Mr. Jan Liebaers
Acting Information Commissioner
Information Commissioners Office
2nd Floor Elizabethan Square
P.O. Box 1375
Grand Cayman KY1-1108