Where can a job in maritime take you? Where ever you want to go in life, the maritime industry can take you there. Whether on deck, exploring the world or standing firmly on solid ground, the maritime industry offers fantastic opportunities in a wide variety of exciting disciplines.
Cayman has a rich maritime history, particularly in boat building, seafaring, merchant marines and naval service. But careers in maritime are not just for people who want to live at sea. Many other exciting and challenging careers in the field include: naval architecture, marine engineering, marine survey, maritime administration and nautical studies.
Our annual Maritime Scholarship is an extension of our firm belief in the importance of education and helping young persons build careers in the maritime industry, especially given Cayman’s strong maritime history.
To support individuals looking for rewarding careers in these areas, the Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands (MACI) in partnership with the Ministry of Education, Employment and Gender Affairs have joined together to offer a unique scholarship opportunity to dynamic Caymanians who wish to pursue a successful career in the maritime industry.
Consideration will be given to under-graduate, post-graduate or professional qualifications in the above disciplines. We will also consider applicants interested in specialist areas that support the industry as well as those specializing in other fields that support the maritime sector and encourage them to apply. These include specialist maritime legal services, human resource management, accounting and information technology.
Be part of this exciting industry.
- Be Caymanian or hold Caymanian Status;
- Provide proof of residency in the Cayman Islands for 5 years prior to applying;
- Be 18 years or older (the Education Council has discretion in exceptional circumstances);
- Provide proof of acceptance at a competitively ranked institution;
- Have a genuine interest in the maritime industry;
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills, work ethic and character;
- Have a commitment to the development of the local maritime industry through new skills and knowledge.
- Additional requirements and all application forms can be downloaded from the Ministry of Education, Employment and Gender Affairs website.
- All completed applications need to be submitted via upload on the Ministry of Education, Employment and Gender Affairs website during the period 15th Nov 2016 to 31st Jan 2017.
- The Maritime Scholarship is to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate study in naval architecture, nautical or marine engineering, survey & admin studies at an overseas institution. Up to max KYD 20,000 p.a. towards tuition, room & board, meals, travel & books. (NO online study approved at the undergraduate level).
Head HR & Administration
Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
P.O. Box 2256
Grand Cayman KY1-1107
Application Deadline: 31 January of each year
Note: Applications received subsequent to the specified application deadline will not be considered but instead placed on file for future reference.