The Cayman Registry, a division of Cayman Maritime, was established in 1903 and today the Register covers the full spectrum of vessel types, including commercial ships and private pleasure yachts. The Registry maintains headquarters in Cayman and a European Regional Office in Southampton, UK, with global representation in the USA, Italy, France, Netherlands, Monaco, Greece, Singapore, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
The Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands (MACI) as part of its International Obligations issues Statutory Documentation as required by International Conventions and Instruments. As part of our existing team we are now seeking to engage the services of suitably qualified companies/individuals to issue the following documents
- Certificate of Insurance or Other Financial Security in Respect of Liability for the Removal of Wrecks;
- Certificates of Insurance or Other Financial Security in Respect of Civil Liability for Bunker Oil pollution Damage;
- Recognition of Qualification as a Ship’s Cook;
- Any other Statutory Document/Record or Certificate of Recognition as directed by the CEO or his designate;
- A thorough knowledge of the STCW Convention together with a proven track record in a similar administrative role within a reputable Maritime Administration is essential for this post.
To perform this job successfully, the post holder must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with the prerequisite knowledge and skill outlined below. In addition, the post holder must possess the following;
- Associates Degree with minimum of three (3) years of experience within a similar organization and;
- A proven track record performing in a similar capacity is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- A knowledge of the IMO and ILO instruments;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Client focused;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Sound language, analytical, presentation and IT skills;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals/checklists;
- Project management skills;
- Organisational, prioritisation and detail-oriented skills within established procedures;
To express your interest please submit a Letter of Application together with details of your relevant experience and a business license as applicable to:
Email: Human Resources
or mailing address:
Maritime Authority of the Cayman Islands
First Floor, Vanbrugh House
Hampshire, SO30 2AF
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.