The Cayman Registry, a division of Cayman Maritime, was established in 1903 and today the Register covers the full spectrum of vessel types, including commercial ships and private pleasure yachts. The Registry maintains headquarters in the Cayman Islands and a European Regional Office in Southampton, UK, with global representation in the USA, UK, Italy, France, Netherlands, Monaco, Greece, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan.
We are now seeking to employ a Surveyor based in Eastleigh, United Kingdom and reporting directly to the Regional Director Safety & Compliance (GS&C) UK. As part of a dynamic team the post holder will actively participate in the day-to-day technical functions of a busy operational office including responding promptly to clients ensuring the effective Implementation of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) and International Labour Organisation (ILO) Conventions, Codes and Instruments.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
To perform this role effectively the post holder must have a proven track record with a Classification Society or a reputable Maritime Administration in a similar position and satisfy the following minimum requirements:
- University Degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture or a related subject and at least four (2) years post graduate experience in a technical role with an IACS Classification Society; or reputable Maritime Administration.
- Registered with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer and Member of a Recognised Professional Body;
- Sound knowledge of the design, construction and operation of all vessel types;
- A thorough knowledge of the interrelationship of National Administrations, Port State Control MoU’s, Classification Societies, the IMO, and other Regulatory Bodies;
- A thorough knowledge of Classification Society Rules and Regulations for the Classification of ships;
- A thorough knowledge of International Conventions, instruments and codes appertaining to the Marine Sector;
- Sound language, analytical, presentation and IT skills;
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; and
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Cayman Maritime offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Salary: £52,560 per annum
Cayman Maritime Employment Application Form and Job Description are available from: www.cishipping.com
Completed Application Form and detailed Resume should be forwarded via email to:
Email: Human Resources
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.